As humans, we have many limiting beliefs. We continuously play a mental picture in our mind about them. When I brainstormed about them, I was able to list a few that have prevented me from taking actions :
- I lack the resources I need to get started
- I don’t have the time to get things done
- All this is new to me; I think I am going to fail at it
- I have too many responsibilities.
We continuously feel unhappy and want to change the lifestyle that we chose ourselves. Most people have a limiting belief or two that slows or even halts their success. We tend to give them so much of importance that everytime you want to make a difference the negativity pulls you down.
They become our self-fulling prophecy. It’s essential to track these down and learn how to tackle the limiting factors. Take a diary or a journal of your choice and start writing them down.
For each of the limiting beliefs start exploring by listing as below:
- Are you making use of your resources efficiently? Do you log about the resources you use and what are the additional resources you need?
- Quite often we do have enough time, but we tend to procrastinate and ultimately give up on the task making an excuse of not having enough time. Do you make a list of your tasks? If you do, start with the task that you like the least. You will see some great results
- Fear of failing too leads us to delay things that we want to pursue. Remember that it is only who defines your success and failures.
- Sometimes we need external motivation and we rely on others approvals. The best way to self-motivate is to grab a book that acts as a guide to you. I prefer “The Power of Subconscious Mind” by Joseph Murphy.
The key is to start somewhere, take the initial plunge and you are sure to find your way to success.
Linking this to Write Tribe Problogger October 2017 Blogging Challenge #writebravely #writetribeproblogger
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Problogger October 2017 Blogging Challenge