The Indo-Japanese garden also known as Pune-Okayama Friendship garden is located in the bustling area of Sinhagad Road, Pune. The beautiful garden spans a 10-acre land. It is also known as Pu La Deshpande garden. It has a natural flow of water from the canal and is spread across the garden. The good part about the garden is you cannot walk around on the grass, there is a walking path designed for walking, and the grass is protected with bamboo fences.

This garden has been built keeping in mind the 300-year-old Okayama’s Zen garden. The entry fee for the garden is about 5 rs, but if you are a resident of Pune and live around that area, you can get a monthly membership of rs 50. The garden is small and can be covered quite quickly, but the serene beauty captures your attention, and you may feel like sitting in the park for a long time.

If you are looking for that perfect evening with just greenery all around you, do visit this. If you are not from Pune and plan to visit Pune soon, do not miss this spot.

All pictures below are taken by me using my Iphone6

Categories: Travel

11 Comments

Manisha Garg · December 22, 2017 at 2:14 pm

This is so beautiful. I will surely visit when I go to Pune.

Geethica Mehra · December 22, 2017 at 5:03 pm

This is a different park from others. I am happy you chose this topic and shared with us. I like to visit local parks whenever I visit a place.

Neha · December 23, 2017 at 2:08 am

I have been to this park. You are bang on when you say serene and quiet! It actually gives you a zen feeling!

Alice Gerard · December 23, 2017 at 4:37 am

This is a beautiful garden! It looks like a peaceful place to visit.

Shirley Corder · December 23, 2017 at 5:15 am

What a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing. for 2018-A Year of Thankfulness

Aesha Shah · December 23, 2017 at 2:56 pm

That’s a beautiful garden. I will visit it whenever I visit Pune, my trip to Pune is long overdue . You have taken pictures very well.

Anagha Yatin (@anagha_yatin) · December 24, 2017 at 11:44 am

All the while when we were in Pune for almost 5 years, we missed the opportunity to visit this beautiful place. My bad!
Loved this post for two reasons…one for the capabilities of iPhone and second for rekindling my love for Pune!
Thanks for sharing this one.

Sharvari Paivaidya Mehan · December 28, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Pune is still green and I love the local parks and gardens there. Must check out This one when I visit Pune next

Firdaus Peerzada · December 30, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Garden is one of my favorite places to visit. Reminds me of childhood days.

Dr Dhanya Prajesh · January 1, 2018 at 4:03 pm

Would definitely like to visit this place. The photos are really good… looks so peaceful

Neha Sharma · January 4, 2018 at 2:47 pm

This is such a beautiful garden, you have clicked some lovely shots. I am definitely going to visit this garden if I visit Pune.